Several years ago at LITC 1.0, I put up a post poking fun at the past-time of imagining prehistoric animals in one-on-one, Mortal Kombat style battles. I let my imagination fly and came up with my own wishlist of ludicrous match-ups:
- A hundred Mononykus vs. Carcharodontosaurus: They’d swarm the big brute and crawl into all sorts of uncomfortable places.
- Four strategically-placed Incisivosaurus vs. Giraffatitan: Two words: beaver style.
- Citipati vs. Gigantoraptor: I see the little dude running circles around Giganto while making some outrageously stupid shrieking sound. For about ten minutes.
- Pot-bellied T. rex vs. the Jurassic Park T. rex. It’s a draw, until Stan Winston strides out with a glock and empties a clip into Pot-belly.
- Protoceratops vs. Leptoceratops. The most disgusting display of brutality and gore imaginable.
Our Natee responded in the most delightful way, by bringing my outlandish ideas to life with their signature style. Just because they’re mind-bogglingly awesome, I figured I’d share them here in our new home. Sure, Natee says there are a few things they’d change, looking back on them from this distance. But I for one haven’t got a quibble.
Battles 1, 2, and 5:
Battles 4 and 2:
Despite my faultless logic, the SV-POW team voiced their skepticism that four Incisivosaurus could fell a Giraffatitan. “A single Giraffatitan individual could effortlessly destroy countless Incisivosaurus by sheer awesomeness alone,” they said. So Natee made it happen.
Just one more example of how Natee makes this life more delightful.